This is a Chinese classic made with the finest of Scottish Langoustines. The recipe has been kindly donated by Barratlantic.
- 1kg raw unshelled prawns / Scottish langoustines
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice powder
- 1 tsp Sichuan peppercorns ground
- 1 tsp ground black peppercorns
- A little oil for searing
- Dry fry the salt for a few minutes to colour it slightly then add the 5 spice, Sichuan pepper and black pepper.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Meanwhile griddle or fry the prawns in the minimum of oil until cooked (about 30-40 seconds).
- Add a little of the salt mixture to the pan and toss for another 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately with lemon juice and chives to garnish and the remainder of the salt on the side.
Barratlantic is fish and shellfish processing company with over 40 years’ experience as a leading wholesale supplier of top grade, sustainable produce.
The factory sits just 150 yards from the harbour on the Island of Barra while its supplies are distributed around the country.
Thank you for the delicious recipe!